Banana Flambe amber ale

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If you want it nutty, you should use more malts that add a nutty flavor. I know you got the golden naked oats for that, but maybe you'd like more. The malt chart in the wiki lists 4 malts that give you this, I know there's more but you can look into it yourself. Maris otter, victory malt, chocolate malt, and roasted barley. Obviously you'd go easy on the latter 3 as they are specialty grains but Maris otter is a very delicious base malt and I do believe Northern brewer sells a Maris otter malt extract now. Just something to look in to.

Who knows, you might even decide to toast some nuts and throw it in at the end of the boil

If you brew this please post an update, I'd like to hear how yours turns out. Best of luck

I definitely will brew it a little down the road. My brother mentioned that a german wheat might be a good style to go with too. I updated the recipe.

I love the toasted nuts idea too. Some vanilla and lactose might be some good additions as well.

Latest posts

Back