Ball Lock Injector on Sanke Keg?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Apoxbrew

Reaction score
If I have the threaded fitting for my sanke coupler and wanted to take a sanke keg to a party, could I use this type of ball lock injector (which I already have for my corny kegs) on a sanke keg?

http://www.williamsbrewing.com/BALL-LOCK-INJECTOR-P84.aspx

I wasn't sure if because of the difference in internal setup if this might not work so figured I'd check first. I already checked if it would fit on the threaded gas-in adapter I have for the sanke coupler and it fits... so that's certainly not a problem.

Thanks for the info!!

You'd probably have to fabricate your own coupling, but in theory, it'd work fine.

Why not just properly carbonate the beer in the sanky keg, then just get one of the pumps like you remember from college to provide serving pressure. That's be much less of a hastle.

i actually have everything already for this to work. basically a while back i got the kit so you could quickly swap from sanke to ball lock. so the posts that now exists on the coupler are the same as on the ball locks.

i also already have the cos injector as i take corny's out on the river with me all the time.

so ya, i have everything already so no hassle really. and i'd rather push the beer with co2 than a pump.

thanks for the confirmation!

Just put on some MFL tailpieces on your sanke coupler and you can swap it like the pin/ball lock disconnects

Why not just properly carbonate the beer in the sanky keg, then just get one of the pumps like you remember from college to provide serving pressure. That's be much less of a hastle.

its best to wear a flame suit when suggesting that people should pump oxygen into their beer around here :D

Back