ball lock air ingress

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brewrangerx

Reaction score
I mostly have pin lock kegs, i do have a few ball locks and one set of ball lock disconnects. I use all flare fittings to be able to go back and forth. i recently kegged a beer in a ball lock, so i took my tap/beer line off a pin lock (working normally) and attached it to a ball lock disconnect and then to the keg. When I open the tap i can hear/see air bubbles coming into the line.

the keg holds pressure with nothing connected and i havent noticed any pressure drops or leaks with both disconnects attached.
again, there is no issue when the line is connected to a pin lock (so its not at the flare connection)
I have nylon washers inside the flare connection
I replaced the post oring - still same problem
The post poppits are in correctly.
I disassembled the disconnect and replaced the internal gasket - still same problem.
I bought a new disconnect and same problem

Has anyone had this problem before? Any suggestions?

I guess there isn't much of an issue as long as Im not bottling for competition (oxidation), but i want my equipment to work properly.

Is it possible that the bubbles you are seeing are CO2 bubbles coming out of suspension? Mine do that from time to time.

I thought that may be the case, especially since the line/tap was warm. I let it cool in the keggerator over night and still. That still could be a possibility, but none of my other kegs do that. everything seems to be in order, so i may just go with that idea. i guess i could bottle something and taste for oxidation after a month or so

Back