Bag-in-a-box

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DeadYetiBrew

Reaction score
Bag in a box is what all the soda companies are changing to, from corny kegs. You can buy the bags at sam's, costco, etc. What it does is attaches to a soda machine and is straight soda syrup, it mixes with the carbonated water (thanks to a built in carbonator) and goes into your cup.

Here's my idea, pressurize and carbonate 5 gallons of what in a corny get, build some kind of system to mix the bagged syrup with the carbonated water. That way instead of buying the small extract things i can buy a bigger bag of syrup for about the same price. Anyone think this would work with a regular keg setup and taps?

Not really too serious about it just thinking about what it would take to keep from having to buy a unit.

P.S. Anyone know how many gallons a bag in a box contains (after mix).

Why not just do a corny of soda water, add the syrup to the glass and top up with soda water?

Or add the diluted syrup to the keg and carbonate.

orfy said:
Why not just do a corny of soda water, add the syrup to the glass and top up with soda water?

Or add the diluted syrup to the keg and carbonate.

Those were my other ideas, but i felt like complicating it by building something :D .

Wouldnt filling the keg with water and then adding the syrup before carbonation be the easiest?

Could be an interesting experiment, but cardboard boxes aren't as cool looking as cornies. :)

Latest posts

Back