Bacon taco...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ChshreCat

Reaction score
...is bacon taco awesome.

bacon-taco.jpg

I'm wondering how it doesn't fall apart. It looks like strips in the picture.

My mouth is watering though

I find oven roasting is the best technique for shaped bacon. Whenever I grill burgers, I generally weave 12 slices into a big mat, roast it, and then slice it into quarters. It'll hold any shape you cook it in.

I do bacon weaves when I smoke a fattie, would probably work well here. But really, who cares... its a BACON taco, how does that not win?

I always sit there on taco night thinking this could use some bacon, I have now found the solution I've been looking for all my life. This needs to be on the list of 100 foods to eat before you die.:D

I had a "friend" who brought up an interesting point. "When did bacon get elevated from tasty side dish to cult status? I'm really sick of hearing about bacon!" I forget his name, I deleted him from my phone and havent spoke since.

Hipster *********.

I once ordered something called a "chorreador" at a roadside taco joint in Mazatlan. It was carne asada and cheese on a semi floppy/semi crisp pork rind instead of a tortilla. The rind was not puffy like what you think pork rinds look like, but instead looked exactly like a corn tortilla. The first bite was probably the best thing I've tasted. The second bite was ok. By the third bite I thought I was going to hurl.

Back