Backsweetening Levels for Pineapple, Cherry Juice Wines

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

corwin3083

Reaction score
I have a gallon each of Jack Keller's canned pineapple wine and cherry juice wine that are about ready to bottle. I'll probably stabilize them today, and then I need to decide whether or how much to back sweeten.

I know that the standard answer to "how much should I back sweeten" is "to taste," but this is the first time I've ever made either of these wines; I don't really know what I'm looking for from them, and probably won't until I've consumed a couple bottles, at least. So I think I'll learn more in the long run if I can get advice from people who have made these wines before, and then use that as a starting point.

So, anyone who has made these or similar wines before, how sweet do you prefer them? Do you prefer them dry? Semi-sweet? Sweet? Do you have a favorite sugar to use, e.g. table sugar, or honey, etc.?

Back