Back to homebrewing after 7 years

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

andyb0527

Reaction score
Hello everyone. I will be brewing my first batch of beer on sunday after a 7 year break. I was just draging out all of my old equipment and found about 26 - 16oz bottles from my first batch of beer ever (honey wheat). Just cracked one open (after chilling in the fridge) and it is suprisingly good after over 7 years in the basement. Can't wait to drink a few while cooking up some bock on sunday!:D

You had 26 bottles left over from your first batch 7 years ago?

Talk about patience, I had a hell of a time saving just one from my first batch.

Welcome back to brewing.

To be honest I was new to beer back then and I really didn't like my first batch.

But seven years and plenty of beer drinking have done alot for my tastes and I like it now.

You had 26 bottles left over from your first batch 7 years ago?

Talk about patience, I had a hell of a time saving just one from my first batch.

Welcome back to brewing.

Well, you've shown more patience than I Christian... I couldn't save one bottle from any of the batches I've made!

To The OP, welcome back to the addiction!

Welcome back! There is a healthy contigent of prodigals like us that abandoned the brewkettle then came home again...

Welcome back to brewing. I too recently returned to the fold after an 8 or so year lapse. The obsessive behavior is back full swing!

Welcome back to brewing. I too recently returned to the fold after an 8 or so year lapse. The obsessive behavior is back full swing!
Yes welcome back to the obsession. I also had a 8 year break but started back up the
1st of the year. I'm now at about 175 gallons and plan several more 10 gallon batches until the end of the year.

Yes welcome back to the obsession. I also had a 8 year break but started back up the
1st of the year. I'm now at about 175 gallons and plan several more 10 gallon batches until the end of the year.

Quick someone check PA's gallon limit for homebrew....Just googled. 200 gallons a year. I say you go for 250.

Back