back to back Kolsch brewing saturday!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nymtber

Reaction score
Well, Brewmasters warehouse came through, mostly, and I get to have a back to back brew session Saturday with my younger brother. 2 batches of Kolsch :) I ordered the same recipe I bought last year from Northern Brewer, and saved a bunch of money. They forgot half the hops, but I have someone picking them up tomorrow at a local brew shop, otherwise I would only brew one batch. When BMW sends the replacement hops I'll toss them in the freezer till I need them, Probably can use for Hefeweizen :)

Its all extract, no grain at all. Easy to brew, and great for my brother to learn the process. It comes out sparkling clear and VERY tasty. Light flavor, but tasty.

I also have some Brooklyn Brewery "Sorachi Ace" and a local micro-brew Oatmeal stout (growler) for us to enjoy during the brew day. The point of the day was to get him to see what homebrewing (extract) is all about, and to brew 2 batches for the family, our older brother requested a half batch to himself!

So tomorrow I have to rack the Irish Red off into secondary (for storage more than anything) so I can get the 6gal carboy cleaned. I will bottle the Irish red Sunday.

Gonna be a beer filled weekend!

Back