back sweetening skeeter pee with concentrate

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ejr

Reaction score
Has anyone done this with a recipe on how much to use to make blueberry or such to get a good flavor.I would like to do this in gallons rather than all 5 for different flavors.

I like my skeeterpee sweeter then the recipe calls for. I used 2 cups of sugar for 1 gallon or 400g of sugar. The recipe calls for 6 cups for 5 gallons or 233g per gallon soooo if using concentrate look at the grams of sugar on the back and add accordingly. also keep in mind sugar helps take away the tartness so if using a concentrate with a lot of acid in it it will take some sugar too to cut the acidity in the skeeterpee.

thanks for the information i will try the 400g to one gallon and see if i like it better

If your doing concentrates use 3-4 cans per gallon. But start with 2 cans then taste. If you like the flavor but its not sweet enuf then add sugar if your lacking in flavor then add another can.

Other ways are to use koolaide packets and sugar.

Good luck !

the koolaide sounds great that way wouldnt change the ach. content have you done this with skeeter pee

i think allot of people use the koolaid method...just add enough sugar and packs per gallon i think you'd be good to go (all this is based on what I've read not done)

How about just making a high gravity water/sugar mix, then adding lemon juice in the secondary?

How about just making a high gravity water/sugar mix, then adding lemon juice in the secondary?

Yeast cannot live on sugar alone, for one. Two, there's stuff in the lemon juice that will restart your ferment (pulp may be of food value - sugar definitely is, obviously.)

i made the regular recipe and added kool aid came out great makes a six pack per package

Back