Back @ it

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

browder

Reaction score
Checking in to say hello and thanks for a great brew site--I registered here a couple years ago as PigSticker but couldn't get logged in with that name last week so I just started a new account.
Well I'm gonna give beer making another try--had alotta fun with it to seasons ago doing partial boils--Friday I boiled an AG American Wheat to get my feet wet--this is my 7th batch of beer. My wife picked me up a 7.5 stainless pot back in the spring so things went pretty smooth this time--ended up with 5.5 gal. in the bucket and the OG was 1.45--Wyeast 1010 @ 62-64 degree

on the bucket thermometer so it my be a couple degrees higher--air lock started chugging sometime after I went to bed Friday night.
Plan on doing another batch this week but first will try to convert an old cooler for the mash--Don't think the bag worked all that bad The OG on this recipe was supposed to be 1.043--I used an extra lb. of DME and OG was1.045 so figure it must have been doing something right.

Latest posts

Back