Back after a break!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dibby33

Reaction score
I am back in the saddle again, so to speak. Been a while since I last brewed. I think about 5 years. I stopped because I ran out of time (work / kids), but now the kids have grown up a little (now 9 and 6) it would appear that I have enough time to restart.

I have a brewing / running mate now and his enthusiasm pushed me and I bit the bullet last week and started a ginger beer – just to get the barrel wet.
The smell kickstarted something else in me and I returned to the homebrew store yesterday and bought a wheat kit. This was started last night.

Starting small – just to get going – with just using kits for the first two, but my next will involve grains. Already made a rookie mistake by leaving the tap open on the barrel when I started the ginger beer! (slaps forehead)

I need to find a simple wheat recipe. I have forgotten what it is called – partial mash? Using DME, hops, and crushing up some grains and steeping them?
Argghhhhh – I am off to consult a search engine!

Good to be back.

David

Pictures :

beer1_2.jpg

Weird, but I was just thinking of you a few days ago!

Someone mentioned haggis. :D

I hope now that someone will mention brewing, and I will think of you as that is far more pleasing a thought than haggis!

Anyway, nice to "see" you again! Welcome back. I've missed you.

I need to find a simple wheat recipe. I have forgotten what it is called – partial mash? Using DME, hops, and crushing up some grains and steeping them?
Argghhhhh – I am off to consult a search engine!

Good to be back.

David

Welcome back, You may be referring to Extract with steeping (specialty) grains. Then there is the Partial Mash/Minimashing where you use base grains with the specialty grains to convert them (kind of a half/half all grain/extract method).

Just been in my cellar and it smells of beer. Happy Days!

I remember being in a race to one thousand posts with you yooper! Post whoring like rancid banshies! You have kept it up I see :D

I have to go and drink a beer to get an empty bottle. ..

Back