Awesome deals on whisky barrels

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hrmm.. might be tempted to get one and check it out for doing my KBS clone recipe with. Let it sit for a while in there!

Try contacting the distillery yourself. We got a group buy and ended up getting them for $62 each shipped. I think the group purchase was about 50-60 of the barrels total, so you'll need a couple clubs or so to go in together.

Hey, I am production manager at Balcones. We do indeed have a pretty continuous supply of these barrels that we need to get into good homes. Haven't aged any beer in them myself, but all the beer i've had out of these barrels has been nice.

We do make a variety of products (corn and malt whiskies, a rum-based specialty spirit), and the amount of use time varies, some were used for 6 months, some more like two years. The oak still has a lot of life in it, although the spirit flavors will probably be most pronounced in the first use and less after. The barrels are basically sterile and mostly leak free. We dump and try to get them out within a month or two, older than that and they start to have slight leaks and need to be wetted again to seal up.

We are selling them as pallets only, just because we don't have the time and staff to box up individual barrels all the time. We have close to 200 a month getting dumped these days. Pallets have 27 barrels on them, @$55 a piece, for a total of$1485 before shipping. It's up to your shop or club to set up shipping from

212 S. 17th St.
Waco, TX 76701

Pallets are 40x48, 525lbs, class 70.

Best way to get ahold of us is to email

[email protected]

thanks
Jared Himstedt
Production Manager, Distiller

Back