avg Yearly Production for 20bbl Brewhouse?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

schreck

Reaction score
curious as to the numbers... also any rough estimates on the net sales and possibly the profitability. also yearly take home for the owner/brewmaster?

sparked by a discussion with some friends while enjoying some homebrews and watching the yanks :tank:

Figure a maximum of 43800 barrels a year. That's 6 batches a day.

Your other questions cannot be answered, because there are too many variables. I know people who make a living with 3-4 barrel systems.

Figure a maximum of 43800 barrels a year. That's 6 batches a day.

Your other questions cannot be answered, because there are too many variables. I know people who make a living with 3-4 barrel systems.

I think Boulevard was doing 10 batches a day before they upgraded their brewhouse a few years ago. Alaskan was around there at one point too. That is pushing everything to the max assuming you are using a lauter tun (not a mash filter, which no 20 BBL brewhouse is that I know of).

That being said, that level of production is not ideal and is the result of market demand changing faster than a new brewhouse can be installed.

You are correct to assume that there's no mash filters being used on 20bbl brewhouses. That technology is just too expensive for an operation that size.

I know this was posted a while ago so maybe it wasn't common 2 years ago, but I'm in the process of planning a brewery, and I've found several 20 bbl and 30 bbl brew houses with mash filters. I've actually seen very few systems with a lauter tun...

I guess if you wanted to you could do a batch about every two hours as long as you had a seperate HLT and whirlpool. I have see a large number of craft breweries that are using 20 or even 10 BBL systems.

Last year we went to Full Sail. They "press" their mash to squeeze out the Wort. They said that there are no I'll affects from squeezing it. No astringency.

Back