Wyeast 2633 O Fest Blend Question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hey all!
Took the plunge on my first lager Sunday morning with a Baltic Porter. Per my brewing software estimated OG was 1.077(I hit that number dead nuts on). I prepared a week before a multi-step starter of Wyeast 2633 to achieve a hefty roughly 800 billion cells for a solid pitch. It is an extract recipe I made myself, here's the link. Once I got done adding my first fermentables addition pre boil, I stole roughly 500mL of wort to use as a vitality starter to get the yeast in gear(after boiling and cooling, of course) since it had been chilling in the fridge since Thursday morning. By the time I got to chilling my wort, the starter was going nuts. Chilled down to 58F which is the top of the yeasts range. I happened to look at my watch when I pitched, 9:00 AM. The fermenter is in my garage which this time of year is right around 50F, usually less when it doesn't get much above 40F. By 11:30 there were signs of activity. After all that being said, the gravity per my Tilt, is 1.038 and has slowed up as you can see from the Tilt. The estimated FG is 1.018, I'm not yet gonna panic, but it looks as though it might possibly stall? Also, any insight on the strain, well strains in this blend?

Last edited:
We don't have permissions to view your recipe. Also, did you mean to post the Tilt readout?

Yes.

Since posting, the fermentation has continued. I'm not used to lager yeast. It was going crazy the first roughly 40 gravity points in the first 48-72 hours and then slammed on the brakes. Will officially be day five at 9:00am this morning. Since I'm struggling to show the Tilt data, current SG is 1.032 with fermentation temperature of 52°F. Anyone familiar with this yeast?

Last edited:
It's day seven of fermentation and it's slowing down. Currently sitting at 1.028, still 10 points away from the estimated final gravity. Should I let it ride for another couple days, or should I slowly ramp to a D-rest over the course of a week?

Last edited:
Pulled a sample on Sunday morning, 1.021. Ramping for a diacetyl rest at 68F for the rest of the week. For whatever reason my Tilt wasn't tracking the gravity and updated it. Oh well. Glad to see it's on track.

Back