Austin Homebrew Supply

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tobor_8thMan

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Received an email announcing the Austin Homebrew Supply "Black Friday Preview". Ho hum. Yawn. Really sick of Christmas/Black Friday things pushed at us beginning in August or in some cases never ending.

Based on my experiences with Austin Homebrew Supply don't waste your time.

I've ordered homebrewing supplies from AHS more than once. Each time, after placing the order, after AHS accepted my order, accepted my CC info, a few days later I'm informed this item(s) are out of stock.

Happens once I can believe. Happens more than once it's either AHS doesn't want to honor the current discount/price, doesn't want to pay for shipping as my order qualified for free shipping, the inventory control sucks or their website store sucks.

Either way I will not even attempt to use AHS again.

Others have similar experience with AHS or other online homebrew suppliers?

I've only once ordered from AHS, 6-7 years ago, lead on by one of their "holiday specials" ads. My order contained several flasks, brewing salts, finings, yeast nutrients, etc., a pretty large box altogether. It arrived in record time well packed in perfect condition. Nothing to ever complain about.

Most likely things have shifted or changed. We may take a guess as to why.

Are Austin Homebrew Supply and Adventures In Homebrewing owned by the same person(s)?

Noticed the following interesting coincidence.

AHI email: [email protected]

Austin Homebrew Supply email: [email protected]

Both sites are registered with GoDaddy. I know GoDaddy is used by lots, but another interesting coincidence.

Look at this item at the Austin Homebrew Supply site on November 13, 2019. Note the "In stock - Ann Arbor".

Standards of Brewing: A Practical Approach to Consistency & Excellence
Your Price:$39.95
In stock - Ann Arbor

AIH is in Taylor, MI. Ann Arbor is approximately 33 miles from Taylor, MI.

Interesting...

They are the same and the following proves it.

What are the chances 2 different stores will have the same item number? Zero.

Saaz Whole leaf hops are item 29-2150 at both places.

The previously noted "Standards of Brewing" books are item 49-7981 at both places.

In my experience AIH is very good while AHS sucks.

I agree both are owned by the same company, but I've never had an issue with ordering from either site. I just wish they would add the points together from both sites.

Yes they are both owned by the same person. He first owned adventures in homebrewing and when Forrest decided to sell he bought it.

I have ordered from both places not knowing it was the same owner and had great service and would recommend them.

Latest posts

Back