Auber Ins. Issues? (noobie)

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

plinythebadass

Reaction score
And when I say noobie...I mean new to the Auber. Im very much at home BREWING beer. Im running wet tests on my two tier for the first time, RIMS with a chugger pump/Auber Ins. Syl 2362. I have the SV value set to 80 and im watching the PV value continue to climb. Im watching the OUT light blink as well indicating the firing of the element in the tube. Whats the deal here?? Is there some sort of fuzzy logic tuning I need to mess with? My dad (eletrical engineer) made sure all the parts were compatible so no issues there. I need it to HOLD a temp...not continue to rise. HELP!!!

I'm looking at the instruction manual and see the term "Auto-Tune" written in numerous places but no clear cut way on how to actually do an Auto-Tune. I know there's probably something written about this somewhere but a quick "how to" would be greatly appreciated!

From a PID manual:

6. Auto-Tuning
The Auto-tuning function (also called self tuning) can automatically optimize
the PID parameters for the system. The auto-tuning function will use the On/
off mode to heat up the system until it passes the set point. Then let it cool
down. It will repeat this about three times. Based on the response time of the

system, the built-in artificial intelligence program will calculate and set the PID
parameters for the controller. If your system has a very slow response, the
auto-tuning could take a long time.

6.1 To activate Auto-tuning, press and hold ">" key until the “AT” indicator
starts to blink, which indicates auto-tuning is in progress. When “AT” stops
blinking, the auto-tuning is finished. Now, newly calculated PID parameters
are set to be used for the system. Please note that Auto-tuning is only for PID control mode (when “outy” is set at 1 or 2).

6.2 To stop the Auto-tuning, press and hold ">" key until “AT” indicator
stops blinking. Then, the previous PID parameters values are resumed.

Still having problems with this. I run auto tune but it seems to take forever. Ran the machine with water for 2 hours and it climbed in temp like 3 degrees, the minute I take it off auto-tune...it goes bat-**** crazy hot so I know everything is working hardware wise (kinda).

Back