Attempting to wrangle some yeasties!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BarrelAgedForrest

Reaction score
So excited! So I attempted to catch wild something or other. I made two small batches of approx 6plato wort a week or so ago. I then soured both with lactic to about 3.8ish (pH strips). I placed a mesh cloth over one and secured it. I left the other one open. I set the mesh one underneath the dieing grape vines out back, I placed the open one just in the open near some bushes in the grass. Both in the back yard. It's nice and cool out so I left them over night. It rained all night long but figured I'd continue with the attempt. The open one ended up with some bugs in it and probably a fair amount of rain water. The covered one seemed less rained on due to being under leaves. They were then covered with foil and set in the house in the corner on the counter by the fridge. I assumed the uncovered one would show some life but low and behold the mesh covered one now has a Pellicle on it!!! How exciting!

How should I proceed fellow funkers! This is exciting to at least see a proof of concept working!!
20171127_214606.jpg
20171127_214630.jpg

Back