Att: kitchen brewers

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Now if I could only get one to work on a portable electric range.. Though I'd have to adapt it for 220 volt. There is a 220v hookup on the back deck, wired for the hot tub we don't have. Might look into that of propane keeps climbing! For now I'll stick to my jet burner.

I have not used propane... been in the kitchen which has worked fine for me (have not tried AG yet)... I was wondering how much does it cost when you heat by propane?

2600W is a doosy on the electric bill. My bill climbed 30 bucks last month from all of the brewing I did.

I'm switching to propane this weekend.

I've been heating my house with electric heat pump. Total electric use this month came in at $24.60. <Yippeee!> Mainly due to mild temperatures. I keep the temperature around 68F. I also knock down power consumption with 4 amps @ 115 solar and 60 amps @ 115v of windgen. The wingen makes the house pretty self sufficient if the wind is at least 12 MPH. No power is fed back into the grid though. November was much colder and cost $114.80. (also less wind) My brewing is by propane, and have used the contents of one 7 gallon tank and about a quarter of another tank. this past month. But that included other cooking on the stove and oven .... maybe $16 total.:D

Back