Aslin Mind the Hop Ward Labs Results

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

itivino

Reaction score
Hey all, just wanted to log a ward labs for a finished mind the hop from aslin brewery in Herndon VA (a gaining-popularity juice bomb-focused brewery) for anyone who's interested.

pH - 4.6
TDS - 2020
Electrical Conductivity, mmho/cm - 3.37
Cations/Anions, me/L - 54.7/27.4**

ppm
Sodium, Na - 22
Potassium, K - 1275
Calcium, Ca - 118
Magnesium, Mg - 181
Total Hardness, CaCO3 - 1049
Nitrate, NO3-N - 18.9
Sulfate, SO4-S - 146
Chloride, Cl - 554
Carbonate, CO3 - <1.0
Bicarbonate, HCO3 - 70
Total Alkalinity, CaCO3 - 57
Total Phosphorus, P - 315.80
Total Iron, Fe - <1.0
"<" = Not Detected/Below Detection Limit
** = Total phosphorus not included in cation/anion calculation

I've not really seen too many other finished profiles from other beers, but the chloride to sulfate ratio/ CaCO3 jump out at me right away.

Anyone have any idea if this is in line with the other juice bombs or have any comparables?

I don't think the ratio in a finished beer is what matters. It is the ratio in the staring water profile. The grains and hops and yeast will ALL change the final composition.

Never got the chance to have any Aslin...the one time I managed to go before moving out of DC, they were sold out by the time I got there. I hear great things about their beer though...and actually bumped into one of the owners on a flight to FL...super cool guy. Anyway, pretty interesting to see their water profile...gonna try and emulate it on my next IPA brew and see what comes of it.

Back