ASK Cider

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
IF you let it ferment out to the 1.000 range, and I believe this yeast is capable of that, you will be north of 7%. I'd leave the sugar out.

I am currently using that exact yeast right now in a batch I have going. I started at an SG 1.045 and it has now fermented out to 1.006 after 8 days. I have been keeping the room at 66F/19C

I am planning on taking another reading with my hydrometer this week, I was hoping to do it today but life and all got in the way, and I can report back.

Right now I think this yeast has a lot of potential to develop a nice English-style cider.

My Wyeast batch of cider stabilised at 1.000 right on the mark. The gravity was 1.045 at primary, according to the ABV calculator it is sitting at 5.9% which is still a tad higher than I wanted to go but better than my first batch.

I now having it sitting in secondary. The plan for me is to let it sit there for about 2-3 weeks before bottling.

When you say, "stop the fermentation" how do you plan to do that? My understanding is that there is some risk involved doing that.

My Wyeast batch of cider stabilised at 1.000 right on the mark. The gravity was 1.045 at primary, according to the ABV calculator it is sitting at 5.9% which is still a tad higher than I wanted to go but better than my first batch.

I now having it sitting in secondary. The plan for me is to let it sit there for about 2-3 weeks before bottling.

When you say, "stop the fermentation" how do you plan to do that? My understanding is that there is some risk involved doing that.

3 teaspoons of potassium sorbate

Latest posts

Back