Article on the Onion

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
must be a lightweight if he puked after only 8 budweisers. When I go to baseball games and am forced to drink that crap I can drink it all day long and not even catch a buzz.

must be a lightweight if he puked after only 8 budweisers. When I go to baseball games and am forced to drink that crap I can drink it all day long and not even catch a buzz.
Well, maybe if you were drinking imaginary Budweisers you would have an imaginary buzz ;)?

Budweiser American Ale isn't the Bud you get at ballgames. It's a medium-colored ale (looks something like an Irish red), is 5.3% ABV (which is perfectly respectable for regular beers), and you can actually pick out the mild taste of Cascade hops in it. I wouldn't buy it myself, but it's a far cry from the flagship lager.

It's certainly still not in the ABV range of most microbrew IPAs, let alone DIPAs and big Belgians and barleywines and whatnot. I think Sierra Nevada Pale Ale is 5.6%, which is only a couple of ticks higher than the American Ale.

Same here. The only way to get buzzed from bud is to shotgun three in a row and then belch in the face of the closest sorostitute. :ban:

The bud you can get today is not the same bud they made just 40 years ago.
It's different. It didn't used to have that cloying gluey mouthfeel and didn't taste like cornsyrup.

To be honest, I literally cannot drink more than 3-4 Buds without getting sick. Not a snob thing. I don't have a problem with the taste, and can drink Bud Light all night. Have no idea what it is that causes it. It's the only beer I've ever had that does it to me.

Anyone ever get the hiccups when they drink beer like Natural Light or Keystone Light, or Old Milwaukee and so on? Even PBR gives me the hiccups every single time from the first sip on.

To be honest, I literally cannot drink more than 3-4 Buds without getting sick. Not a snob thing. I don't have a problem with the taste, and can drink Bud Light all night. Have no idea what it is that causes it. It's the only beer I've ever had that does it to me.

I got sick on Killian' Red once long ago and have never touched it since. Vile stuff I only had one bottle.

HinnyKind beer makes my intestines revolt the next day That's another vomitus brew.

As a general proposition I can't tolerate commercial beer. When I'm out and about it's wine and scotch.

Back