Arizona monsoon results

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Desert Monkey

Reaction score
We lost our awesome Mexican thorny lime tree. Was a heck of a storm we had here, and I'm thinking this thing was hit by lighting - the bark is all burned out in spots and it's charred down the split.

Take a look -

tree_damage026.jpg

tree_damage028.jpg

tree_damage035.jpg

tree_damage036.jpg

I make no claim to having anything other than a brown thumb, but when that happened to my mother's thorny lime (Enchanted Hills, Tucson), she straightened it out, bound it and covered the exposed areas with some kind of grafting wax. It came back.

How the hell did it get hit, standing right next to a much taller tree? Sometimes the gods want mojitos, I suppose.

How the hell did it get hit, standing right next to a much taller tree? Sometimes the gods want mojitos, I suppose.

I spent a good couple of minutes trying to figure that out myself. I wasn't convinced it was struck until I took a look at the bark - blown right off the front.

It's in the back yard getting ready to be diced up for the garbage. Was a hell of a storm -

Back