Arizona Fruitpunch Wine

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lukasbickel

Reaction score
This may be a long shot but has anyone ever try making wine from Arizona Fruit Punch? They claim they're are no preservatives so I'd assumed making wine from it would work but I'm four days in and there is no gas being released from my airlock. The ingredients are below but I don't think any of them would cause a stagnant fermentation. All I did was add the juice, sugar, and yeast. Am I missing something or is Arizona secretly adding preservatives without labeling it lol?

1644018688081.png

Knowing amounts and volumes for your recipe is always helpful but, I’d guess there’s enough sugar in that bad boy that fermentation is happening.
Frequently fermentation vessels aren’t quite always airtight and the gas might be sneaking out.
What are you fermenting in? Can you see the must itself?

Apologies, I should have prefaced that I used a cup of sugar for a gallon of juice, and 1/4 tsp of yeast. And there is no must at that moment. And I am fermenting it into a glass carboy. I have it wrapped in a towel and in an ambient temp of 66-70F. And i've never had an issue with gas seeping out with my airlock and carboy.

Must is the juice. I was asking because visible signs of fermentation are a good indicator but some fermentation vessels aren’t transparent.

You can check for a gravity drop to help give you clues.

If fermentation truly has not begun, it might be worth scrutinizing your yeast.

I’ve made it with juicy juice fruit punch. It fermented fine, but it tasted horrible

which makes me want to ask what kind of yeast is being used? do you have a hydrometer, and maybe a refractometer?

Apologies, I should have prefaced that I used a cup of sugar for a gallon of juice, and 1/4 tsp of yeast. And there is no must at that moment. And I am fermenting it into a glass carboy. I have it wrapped in a towel and in an ambient temp of 66-70F. And i've never had an issue with gas seeping out with my airlock and carboy.

i usually think of carboys as at least 5 gallons? how many cups of sugar and how many gallons of juice are we talking?

I would personally pour it into a a pail with a loose fitting lid if it hasn't started yet. Get that oxygen involved. You could also add some ec-1118, not my favorite yeast but should get it going.

which makes me want to ask what kind of yeast is being used? do you have a hydrometer, and maybe a refractometer?

That was more a demonstration on how easy it is to make wine, I threw it together in my friends kitchen before dinner with their bread yeast and showed them how quickly it can get going (and messy if unprepared). When I brought it home, it was already going along strongly and I didn’t bother taking a gravity (I did mix some sugar in). But I did the rest of the process at home, taking readings and adding some nutrients. It was just a half gallon and I didn’t even want to bother bottling it.

Latest posts

Back