Are there quick releases for attaching tubing to Counter Flow Chiller?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TorMag

Reaction score
So tired of dealing with hose clamps on brew day. Are there quick release for hooking up the pump and counter flow chiller?

Thanks

I use camlocks on all four ports of my cfc.

...admittedly I'm a little confused by your question, could you elaborate what your situation is?

My counter flow chiller has regular garden hose fittings for the water side. They both have garden hose qds so I can pop on the hoses. The wort is a polysulfone QD (https://www.morebeer.com/products/beer-gas-tubing-quick-disconnect-inline-shutoff-set.html?site_id=5)
on the inlet and a tri clover on the outlet, which goes into my oxygenator, and then into fermenter.

my pump and valves on HLT/mash tun and kettle are all the polyfulone qds. everything after the pump is tri clover.

It's hardly a pain to do the tri clover. I hook it all up during the boil, then sanitize the cfc by circulating boiling wort through it for the last 10 minutes.

I took a microwave cart my wife was throwing out and cut a hole in top, put bucket for Star San in and had the bottom of bucket go into the center of my CFC. I added camlocks to the wort ends and McMaster Carr QDs to the water ends. Also drilled thru the knife holder on the side and piped the inlet and outlet there with a valve to control water flow.

View attachment 1507694493490.jpg

View attachment 1507694620971.jpg

Back