counter top vs under sink water filter

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fluketamer

Reaction score
hi after doing a water poll someone reccomended berkey counter top water filters over brita becasue they last upwards of 6000 gallons as opposed to the brita 40 gallon refills.

i found that the black filter canisters like aquacrest, purewell, filterlogic berkey etc are all much cheaper than brita in terms of how many gallons they filer.
1705947920882.png

the problem with these are that they generally all fit counter top dispensers that are all around 2.5 gallons. and i am looking to fill up my all in one with 6-8 gallons whenever i brew.

then i noticed a lot of amazon reviews for under the counter filters

like this:
1705948035811.png

these are even cheaper in terms of capacity.

any reason an undercounter filter like this wouldnt work at least as well as brita in filtering out chlorine. and other unwanted municipal water odors and flavors?

thanks

If you don't mind collecting your water before brew day, you might consider a portable RO filter system like this one https://www.amazon.ca/Aquatic-Buddi...=1706294476&sprefix=ro+bu,aps,227&sr=8-2&th=1
I have the 50GPD version of this one. It doesn't need to be permanently installed, and I collect my water in two five gallon water jugs between brew days. I got mine two years ago for $68CDN . As long as you don't need to collect water quickly on brew day it works great.

Back