Apricot hefe has no head.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Joshtorres28

Reaction score
I brewed a apricot hefe, it has been bottled for 3 weeks now. I opened one to try it and it did not have a head.

Does that mean it has been infected?

no. infection doesn't have anything to do with that. more likely, the bottling sugar you used wasn't completely mixed in when you bottled. some bottles may be flat, some overcarbed, some just right, if it's not mixed in good

If you don't mix your priming sugar well then that could happen. Somemay be flat and some might be overcarbed like lumpher says. These might pop off the tops (hence the term bottle bombs) or ooze out beer and make a mess. When you do your priming sugar, put it in the bottling bucket first. Then siphon your beer from the carboy into the bucket. The beer should swirl around the bucket creating a slow whirlpool type movement. This should be enough to mix in the sugars. If you are still not convinced, stir it with a sanitized ladle or spoon or what have you. Hope this helps, good luck.

just wait another week.

My guess is your beer needs to sit for another week or two. Sometimes it can take a month + depending on the temp you are storing it at, amount of yeast in suspension, alcohol content, and many other things. Let it sit for a while. Patience will lead to reward. RDWHAHB

If your beer is fully carbonated.....there are other factors that can play in such as a spot free rinse agent from your dishwasher, not rinsing the cleanser well enough from the bottles, using 1 step for your sanitizer (a big no), and many others. Describe your process, temp it is being held at and one of us can easily help pinpoint your issue.

Latest posts

Back