Apple Pie Recipe

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jamesjensen1068

Reaction score
For anyone who hasn't tried this...make some and enjoy. For those who have tried it...you know what I'm talking about. :mug::drunk::cross:

There are a hundred different variations on how to make this....this is how I make it.

Apple Pie:

Two Gallons of Apple Juice or Cider
2 to 4 cups of table sugar
5 Cinnamon Sticks
1 to 1.5 liter of Everclear or Vodka (we use everclear)

Dissolve sugar into 2 gallons Apple Juice in a large stock pot. Add cinnamon sticks and simmer on stove for 1 to 2 hours. Cool to room temp and then add entire bottle of everclear or vodka. I seperate the batch into two 1 gal glass jugs. Cap and refridgerate. You can take one of the cinnamon sticks from the pot and to each bottle if more cinnamon taste is desired....the cinnamon taste will concentrate over time with aging.

Tastes like apple pie in a cup and it will sneak up on ya.

Cheers

oh yes, it gets made every holiday season...in fact made some for a party we had last night

it can be disastrous, the girl who puked all over our bathroom knows that now

talk about bringing back memories, this was a staple in college around the hollidays (or whenever we felt like it)

We never added sugar to ours, but to each their own. Very tasty/ sneaky stuff.

Yeah....great stuff. The original recipe I found called for 4 cups of sugar. I cut it back to 2 cups of sugar and it is plenty. I'm sure it would still taste just as good without the sugar. The ladies sure love the stuff...guys too. As a matter of fact you'd be hard pressed to find someone who didn't like it.

Cheers

Heh.. I've had some of this in a cocktail made with some top shelf ginger brandy - sneaks up on you and then kicks your ass when you're not looking.

That's all I need...more hooch. I've already got a closet full of JAOM and Apfelwein brewing along. I guess they could use some company! :tank:

The nice thing about this is it's ready in a day. Just a reminder.... Let the apple juice/cider cool to room temp before adding your liquer otherwise the alcohol will evaporate.
Cheers

Back