Apple cider with 2.7 co2 volume

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

whitesheperd

Reaction score
So has anyone had 2.7 co2 in their apple cider? How did it taste? And how was the head? Or even higher than 2.7

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

No head will form. I shoot for 2.5 to 3.0. Seems mighty bubbly but lacks the proteins to form a head.

ImageUploadedByHome Brew1399922952.129073.jpg

No I don't hop it, and that's actually in fermentation. It taste great the way it is so I may just stop the fermentation. But I'd like to have co2 like that even I carbonize it..

I have about 3.0 and I sometimes hop it if I don't want the wife to drink it lol

Mine's pretty carbed. This is Graham's English cider (the recipe is around here somewhere), but I used US-05 instead of S-04. I bottled this batch in 2L soda bottles. I carbed with somewhere between 2-4 Tbsps of AJC, I forget how much exactly, but I think it was closer to 4. In this particular bottle, I threw some dried grapefruit zest, and it's pretty grapefruity.

Despite the amount of bubbles (and it gushed when i opened it), it doesn't taste super carbed. It's bubbling slightly, but that's about all.

I have another bottle the I put some dried apples in, so I'm hoping that one infused as well as the grapefruit did, to give a strong apple flavor.

Screen Shot 2014-05-13 at 8.26.01 PM.jpg

Back