Apple cherry white grape

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

channybear

Reaction score
Decided to try something a little bit different this time. Wegmans store bought Apple juice (4gal), 2-32oz tart cherry juice, 3oz cherry juice concentrate, 2 cans frozen welches Apple+white grape+ cherry concentrate to raise og and add body. Cider house select. Did not take og, shooting from the hip. Thoughts?

off hand, Juice is about 1.050.... concentrate (the frozen stuff) is about 4x that, but diluted from 2 cans to 5 gallons is going to put you up maybe as high as 1.060

Depending on your finish, that should be a nice dry flavor, or possibly back sweetened for the same but sweet.

We've had good results with different types of fruit juices. Did a couple batches of 4 gal apple 1/2 gal cherry but probably wouldn't do another. The problem is that cherry juice starts out being tart, and when fermented is almost too dry to be enjoyable. Best combo we've tried so far was apple/pomegranate... don't really know why

Thanks for your replies, I'm considering how I want to finish it, if I should stop fermentation, back sweeten and keg or bottle carb it... Decisions, but still have some weeks to decide.

Back