Apple butter cider

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Krausen89

Reaction score
I made spiced apple butter and used it in a 2 gal cider both must and apple butter were made with crab apples (atleast i think thats what kind they are)

Quite delicious after back sweetening a little sample. Still very thick and had quite a time trying to siphon the "sludge" of the apple butter through. Will rack again in another week

The one on the left was the second one if you can tell there is more sediment settling out than the one on the right

1413159037544.jpg

Seems like cooking down all those apples would create a ton of pectin. Did you use any pectic enzyme? Might help avoid all that sediment/cloudiness.

Yea it def did. No pectic enzyme atleast yet... I usually do with cider but didnt have any with me. Only been sitting for 1 week so far, so it should clear up another week or 2. Like. Said the one v on the left was the second one and the must got stirred up during the siphon of that one

Back