apple beer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

benjie6

Reaction score
hi.
i would like to make apple beer. i'm going to use a "no boil" kit. if i use 5 gallons of apple juice instead of water, would the beer still taste like apples? or, would the yeast consume all of the sweetness? i would like it to taste like apples and beer.
thanks. bye bye.

Not sure how the no boil kits but don't replace water with apple juice. Use water and add apple slices to your fermenting vessel after active fermentation has stopped. You may also want to consider cinnamon.

yeah apple juice will just ferment into wine. I just finished brewing a Peach Cobbler Ale, that should finish with hints of Peach taste and a nice peachy aroma. I added 10 roasted peaches (roasted in the oven at 400* for about an hour, peeled, halved, and pitted them first) at the end of the boil along with 2 1/4 cups of light brown sugar and let it sit for 20 minutes before chilling my wort. I saved the peaches after straining them out of the wort and will probably make some sorbet in my ice cream maker with them. I may freeze some of them and see if I can add them back in, maybe transfer into a secondary. I'm making this beer for my gf who doesn't really like beer but when she does have them, she likes the froo froo ones.

Latest posts

Back