Appearance of beer when poruing....

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cutchemist42

Reaction score
Having never done kegged beer before, is kegged beer supposed to or not have those small bubbles that keep rising in the beer?

My beer pours with maybe 2 fingers of foam before settling into 1 figure of good head. If I shake the glass, I can see the bubbles in the beer and they quickly rise to the head. Other then that, the beer looks still.

So yeah, what does proper kegged beer look like during the pour and after the pour.

Thanks!

Setup

-converted chest freezer with temp control
-c02 tank in chest freezer
-10 feet of 1/4 beer line, LHBS does not carry 3/16
-Keep the regulator at around 9ish PSI but kept in fridge so not sure if accurate

As long as it tastes alright, I wouldn't worry about it. Some beers are more effervescent than others. There's also a lot going on with CO2 absorption and release based on pressure, temperature, and time. You might find that next week the beer has improved.

Also, unless your beer is crystal clear, it can be hard to see bubbles forming through the haze.

As long as it tastes alright, I wouldn't worry about it. Some beers are more effervescent than others. There's also a lot going on with CO2 absorption and release based on pressure, temperature, and time. You might find that next week the beer has improved.

Also, unless your beer is crystal clear, it can be hard to see bubbles forming through the haze.

Oh I love the taste, and it has mouthfeel/no thinness, I was worried about it not being bubbly....

How long has it been under pressure? Could just not be completely carbonated.

I know this is bottles, so the process is a bit different, but this video is probably the best demonstration of stages of carbonation that I've seen:

Last edited by a moderator:
It just means your glass is clean. You shouldn't be seeing bubbles floating to the top unless the glass has an etching in the bottom.

Latest posts

Back