Apparently home-brewing is a genetic disease...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ceejengine

Reaction score
I'm getting into the hobby thanks to my brother- we've done a couple of extract & partial mash batches together, and I'm excited about doing more! Now I just have to find a couple of beers that will keep SWMBO happy :eek:

Way to keep it in the family ;)

But I suspect Homebrewing is like Herion. The only people that arnt addicted never really tried it ;)

Sadly, I don't think I'll have room for an AG set-up (beyond BIAB, anyways)- but I should count my blessings, as I already have a kegerator that's begging for some Corney QD's! Now I just need to figure out where to put a fermentation chamber.... :)

Congrats and welcome to the forum!

I totally agree with it being genetic.... haha After I bottled my first batch I brought a sixer over to my parents house. My grandma was there and I told her about how I made the beer and she told me this whole story about my grandpa used to homebrew all the time. He actually would dig holes and put the fermenting beer in barrels in the ground to have them at a cooler temp!

Greetings and welcome to HBT and the obsession. Also in the interest of sharing some very wise words from another post:

Just remember this hobby can be as cheap as a single pot on the stove to as expensive as your SWMBO will allow! With this said make sure to brew beer your SWMBO will enjoy as the funds will be easier to obtain. :cross:

Back