Anyone used "beer saver" silicone caps?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AdamWiz

Reaction score
For those who don't know what I'm talking about:
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00467QN54/?tag=skimlinks_replacement-20

I don't plan on using them for preserving opened beers (I can handle drinking a whole beer at a time:D). I am just looking for something reusable to cover my sanitized bottles while I chill them for use with a beer gun. I know I can just sanitize a little foil to put over each bottle, but that kind of seems wasteful. I'm thinking these would be nice to use, but I notice in some reviews I have seen people say they don't fit bottles correctly. I'm guessing it won't be much of an issue since I don't really need a tight seal or anything - I just need the mouths covered. As long as they stay on top of the bottles, they should work nicely. What do you think?

Last edited by a moderator:
I think they are quite expensive for that kind or any kind of use and furthermore I think you are too anal about your sanitation if you need to cap your bottles while you chill them. JMHO

I use a German bottle opener that will also seal the bottle when I open a 22 oz or bigger bottle that I am consuming by my self. It works great.

GermanBotttleOpener.jpg

+1 to being too worried about open bottles after sanitation, the star-san foam that gets pushed out of the bottles as they fill has always done fine for me

I am sure I am not the only one old enough to remember when Tupperware
use to make them :D

Latest posts

Back