Anyone still selling hop rhizomes?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fatmoose

Reaction score
I've gotten a yen to start growing my own hops and figured I could still get them started this year with a chance for a harvest next year. It seems I've missed the boat in terms of getting my hands on some rhizomes however. My LHBS is sold out of everything and most everyone I've checked online is done for the season as well. Does anyone know of someone who still has rhizomes to move?

You may want to take some clippings from existing vines, if you can find them. I am trying to propogate some plants from clippings.

There is also a method where you can take a vine and bury a section at a leaf junction, which will form roots. After the roots grow, you can cut it and transplant.

I have 2 Hallertaus that are poking up though the ground where they shouldn't be. I could dig them out and see what's there if you'd like.

PRICE: FREE, just pay whatever postage I pay...HINT: It'll be on the envelope. ;)

Let me know and I'll check tomorrow.

I have 2 Hallertaus that are poking up though the ground where they shouldn't be. I could dig them out and see what's there if you'd like.

PRICE: FREE, just pay whatever postage I pay...HINT: It'll be on the envelope. ;)

I love this place!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

Bah! I put in an order at FreshHops for 6 rhizomes, that's really all I think I'll have room for. I've got two each of Centennial, Northern Brewer and Willamette that should be on the way today or tomorrow. Really looking forward to having hop vines growing up the side of my deck.

Thanks very much for your generous offer!

Thanks for this thread. I thought it was too late to order. I just bought two Centennial rhizomes from Freshhops. My father-in-law can grow anything. Well see how he does with hops.

If you're still willing to dig, I'll pay for the shipping! I had a cascade that didn't come up so I've got an empty mound with a string just waiting for hops to climb it! :D

just bought 1 zeus and 1 centennial since my cascade and centennial rhizomes from morebeer crapped out on me. hoping to get those established for next year... *crosses fingers* :(

Bah! I put in an order at FreshHops for 6 rhizomes, that's really all I think I'll have room for. I've got two each of Centennial, Northern Brewer and Willamette that should be on the way today or tomorrow. Really looking forward to having hop vines growing up the side of my deck.

Thanks very much for your generous offer!
You're welcome. :D

If you're still willing to dig, I'll pay for the shipping! I had a cascade that didn't come up so I've got an empty mound with a string just waiting for hops to climb it! :D

(This is for Winstonofbeer also)...let me check to see how many strays I have and you guys can fight amongst yourselves for the quantity.

I checked earlier and noticed 3 very healthy looking plants just sprouted from the ground this week alone.

Here's my home email address for the rest of the correspondence:

[email protected]

(This is for Winstonofbeer also)...let me check to see how many strays I have and you guys can fight amongst yourselves for the quantity.

I checked earlier and noticed 3 very healthy looking plants just sprouted from the ground this week alone.

Here's my home email address for the rest of the correspondence:

[email protected]

Lol, thanks! I only want one, I think SWMBO would kill me if I erected another trellis this year! You can get me at [email protected].

I just got a free victory from my LHBS; not bad for just going in for some bev line.

any onther sites out there? i found the freshops, but i am looking for some cascade hops. I hade 3 but it jsut got too wet this sprind and i think mine swamped out. I just wnated to plant some yet just to get roots established.

I think you might be out of luck to purchase a Cascade Rhizome this year, unless you find someone like homebrewer_99 with some unwanted shoots popping up.

any onther sites out there? i found the freshops, but i am looking for some cascade hops. I hade 3 but it jsut got too wet this sprind and i think mine swamped out. I just wnated to plant some yet just to get roots established.

I haven't had luck finding any cascade, I'm thinking that one goes fast.

Better hurry up, your growing season ends in a month or so doesn't it? ;)

I doubt you'll get any cascades this late in the season, they seem to be the hop of choice among us homebrewers.

Freshops.com still has Brewers Gold, Centennial, Fuggles, Kent Golding, Northern Brewer, Williamette, and Zeus still available. I bought my two rhizomes through them this spring in April and they were great. Only took a couple days for them to ship out from OR to MA, and both of the rhizomes I got are growing.

Back