Anyone NOT watching the Superbowl?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If I had cable I would probably watch non nascar auto racing, like Le Mans or FI, none of that circle crap.

And no football either. I get down on UFC every once in awhile but that's it. I'd rather spend my days drinking beer out of a tap and trolling some forums.

Ok, seriously, I'm drinking beer and watching Kung Fu Panda for the 2nd time today with my kid.

- Destin

If I had cable I would probably watch non nascar auto racing, like Le Mans or FI, none of that circle crap.

And no football either. I get down on UFC every once in awhile but that's it. I'd rather spend my days drinking beer out of a tap and trolling some forums.

Ok, seriously, I'm drinking beer and watching Kung Fu Panda for the 2nd time today with my kid.

- Destin

If I ever see Happy Feet again it will be to soon

football does not hold my attenuation. I couldn't care about any sports any less than I already do. I say flocc pro sports. to me, they all are a waste of my time. but we all enjoy whatever we want, so happy birthday sports fans! I hope you all enjoy watching the tight ends and laughing at the BL commercials.

I usually watch the Superbowl with friends. It's often the only game I watch all season. This year I'm working on game day (night), and I won't even be awake for the game. Doesn't bother me.
I've got zero interest in football.
Likewise.
I'm betting the folks that don't watch the game frequently wear skinny jeans with a suit jacket/blazer. Don't lie...
But I have even less interest in that crap.

I'll be delivering pizzas tonight making money off of everybody else watching football. I work every sunday because I have no interest in sports, but those that do sure order a lot of food.

Venison Chili finishing up, me soaking in the tub relaxing with my first drink of the night. If I cared about either team, I'd already be glued to the couch watching pre-game stuff.

sillbeer said:

- Destin

At least let your kid watch it

Oh my, is Rob 19?!?! Good heavens that happened fast. for me, probably not so much for you!

So I'm making a apple dessert called, "Polenta-Pecan Apple Cobbler" with Breyer's vanilla ice cream.
And yes, I had to go to the store to buy sugar and flour since those aren't things I normally have in my house.

I swore I'd never go to the grocery store after church, as it's crowded. But I did. And my ice cream melted while I waited in line.

I forgot it was "SUPERBOWL SUNDAY" and all 5,000 people in town would be in line at the same time. I would have shot myself if I could have.

Never again will I go to the grocery store after church on a Sunday.

Pappers, please remind me of this next week. My memory sucks. :eek:

I know, it happened fast. Thank heavens his emotional age is, oh, 15 ;)

I'll do the same thing I always do. I set the game to record, 45minutes after kick off I'll start at the beginning,watch the game, and fast forward through the commercials.

No interest in the Superbowl here. I'm just wrapping up a Helles brewday and for once, I'm actually looking forward to going grocery shopping in about an hour. Should be a ghost town. Might even drive the long way home to slide some corners in the equally empty (and very snowy) streets!

Couldn't care less about the corporate bowl. I haven't seen one in 5 years at least. I'm not much of a football fan. And I don't have a TV, so there's that.

All my sports watching takes place during baseball and hockey seasons.

Qhrumphf said:
Nope. Not sure what that has to do with anything.

It was a page or two back there. Airborne or someone else said only the skinny jeans crowd wasn't watching. Don't hit me with Billy Klubb, he got the joke :drunk:

I don't have anything else to do tonight, so I'm watching the commercials and cooking supper/studying for my firefighter 1 class during the game.

It was a page or two back there. Airborne or someone else said only the skinny jeans crowd wasn't watching. Don't hit me with Billy Klubb, he got the joke :drunk:

You don't have to wear skinny jeans to be a hipster. I wear whatever is gifted to me at Christmas.

My wardrobe consists of a variety of college football t-shirts, only because my wife gets them for free due to her job.

Folks always yell "go team X" to me and I just shrug my shoulders and tell them that it was a free tee as they walk away disappointed.

OrdinaryAvgGuy said:
You don't have to wear skinny jeans to be a hipster.

?? What ?? Next you'll say a beard isn't needed, either! Heresy!

I'm wearing skinny jeans and I'm not wearing the Super Bowl. I keep looking for it at the bottom of my pint glass, but I just don't get any reception there I guess.

I'm wearing skinny jeans and I'm not wearing the Super Bowl. I keep looking for it at the bottom of my pint glass, but I just don't get any reception there I guess.

better check the next one. and let me know if you find the answer too. it hasn't been in the bottom of my glass yet.

I haven't even heard anyone mention Sta-Prest in almost a decade! see what happens when you have no scene? hahahha!

Seem to be making a comeback. Levis are making them again, but they're just not the same. Dickies usually do the trick for me. Dickies, a Fred Perry, and my prized Ben Sherman harrington and I'm usually good to go.

?? What ?? Next you'll say a beard isn't needed, either! Heresy!

Or wide-rimmed glasses.

With the power outage in the stadium, no one is watching the Super Bowl. I'm about to turn it off. (Job interview tomorrow...have to be good)

Had a homebrew club AGM yesterday. Slept all afternoon. Missed the Superbowl, but I'm not upset -- I don't like bowling anyway...

Seem to be making a comeback. Levis are making them again, but they're just not the same. Dickies usually do the trick for me. Dickies, a Fred Perry, and my prized Ben Sherman harrington and I'm usually good to go.

I still get the odd looks when I wear my bleachers. it's a lot funnier when I take out my partials & smile wide. hahahhaa!!!

0605090842.jpg

Back