Anyone made a heat shield for the bottom of a burner?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jk025

Reaction score
So I just got a bayou classic sp10 propane burner that works great as far as I've tested it, but it makes the ground under it pretty hot and the balcony of my apartment has some time of coating on it. I was thinking a round heat shield under would work using some type of sheet metal. Any ideas?

So I just got a bayou classic sp10 propane burner that works great as far as I've tested it, but it makes the ground under it pretty hot and the balcony of my apartment has some time of coating on it. I was thinking a round heat shield under would work using some type of sheet metal. Any ideas?

Aluminum. It seems to be quite reflective to infrared. Try a cheap pie tin suspended with wires. If your burner is too big for a pie tin, aluminum flashing comes in rolls about 2 feet wide by 10 or 20 ft long.

Thanks, I'll try the pie tin hanging from wires. At least if it doesn't work I won't be wasting much money.

I have used a grill mat designed to go underneath a barbeque in the past without any problems. Home Depot 'bout $15 . . .

Back