Anyone know how to find my mobo socket type

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BuffaloSabresBrewer

Reaction score
I still on my quest to save my laptop. Im trying to find out what socket my processor is so I can find a mobo to put it in. Its a Compaq x6000 but I dont know how to find the socket type. Help?
I love this forum BTW!!

If it is a P4 it is most likely a LGA775.

Does it look like this...
newLGA775socket.jpg

I did a search for compaq x6000 and socket and one of the websites claimed the x6000 had a 915P Express mobo which was indeed the LGA775 socket. YMMV but I hope it helps.

BuffaloSabresBrewer said:
thank You!!!!

why cant i ever what im looking for

Because you don't use the word "find" its crucial when looking for something. :rockin: :D

In general, Intel based motherboards are "simple" since they like to have all of their processors fit in the same socket. Anything from Pentium D to Core Extreme Quad fits in LGA 775.

AMD motherboards change every few hours. ;)

And without a flamewar, I actually prefer AMD's socket rotation BETTER simply because any CPU will work with any motherboard of the same socket but on Intel you need to compare a few other specs. Computers 101 says when you break compatibility, you should change the major version number. :D I love the LGA775 heatsinks though, simple snap-snap and you're done and the twist to release is pretty neat. :D

Back