Anyone know anything about Wild Beer Co. out of the UK?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beergolf

Reaction score
I was in the local beer store looking for sour and brett beers to add dregs to some beers I have going.

I ran across this. It looks like there is yeast in the bottle so I thought I would pick it up. I have never heard of them but they sound very interesting. I read a lot of interesting stuff on their website.

http://www.wildbeerco.com/beers/somerset-wild/

Not sure If I should just add the dregs to one of the brews I have going or maybe I should grow up this yeast to see what it is like..

image.jpg

I've been wondering about these, as well. Seeing them around Atlanta with greater frequency.

I've been wondering about these, as well. Seeing them around Atlanta with greater frequency.

I have not tasted it yet, but may go back tomorrow and pick up another bottle or two. That way I can tase one and decide what to do with the dregs.

I tried one. I don't remember which one, but it def was not a sour, and that's what I was hoping for. I get the feeling that by wild, they just mean they're trying to be different. But from what I remember of the beer, it was just average.

I tried one. I don't remember which one, but it def was not a sour, and that's what I was hoping for. I get the feeling that by wild, they just mean they're trying to be different. But from what I remember of the beer, it was just average.

Interesting. They mention on their website that it was brewed with wild yeast and bacteria from a local orchard. Not all their beers are supposed to be sour. I guess I need to drink one and see what it tastes like and decide.

Tried two beers from them, Modus Operandi (Modus Vivendi) and Madness IPA. I really liked the first one, the other one not so much.

They are a good brewery, don't always hit the mark but do make some excellent beers.

I find a lot of their beers to be interesting and quite tasty. Have yet to come across anything legitimately sour, but there's been some good brett presence in the few that I've had. I don't know a ton about them but I'm not sure if they actually are trying to make sour beer or if they are just using brett to funk things and using brett on it's own which obviously wouldn't cause any sour or much funk, just some interesting fruity flavors.

Cool. Thanks for article.

I am still deciding what to do with the dregs. I may just grow them up and see what happens.

Guy called Rob runs a vlog on youtube called hopzine.
He had reviewed a bunch of their beers and thinks quite highly of them.

English beer is just to bland, I am English and spent decades drinking the stuff, but now im here in the states my palate has really changed.
On a recent trip back home it was disappointment one beer after the other.
I have nothing to contribute to this tread however, just rambling.
My brew buddy's back home say, most "wild fermented" beer from the UK is outstanding.
Im yet to find out..

As another expat Brit(not in the US) I have to say that as far as wild/sour beer goes,Brits are still finding their game,still on a bike with training wheels.

Back