Anyone in the Phoenix area get ahold of DFH 120 min

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

iparks81

Reaction score
anyone else on here get a bottle or two?

I got 1 bottles, thats all the LHBS would sell me, I guess there were only 10 cases sent to AZ and thankfully my LHBS was able to get one of them. since DFH stopped distributing 120min as much I'm pretty happy I got a chance to try this unique beer.

Its sweet, its hoppy, it has a High ABV. but all around its a pretty cool beer....for whenever you can get your hands on it if your not on the east coast.

Hops and Tannins has some in Anthem. At least, he did when I was there and bought a bottle on Wednesday. Although if you're in North Phoenix and were shopping at the LHBS I would guess that's where you were.

;)

If you weren't, what LHBS do you go to? I really enjoy doing business at Hops and Tannins, but it takes me almost half an hour to get there. Just moved here from Gainesville, FL where I lived 5 minutes from the LHBS and I am spoiled. lol

Hops and Tannins was the place. Bill is great, I prefer to do business there rather than other places as well.

Im off the Carefree hwy. so the drive is about 15 min to get up there, but before Hops and Tannins was around I was in the same boat...30 min (roughly) down to the shop in Glendale.

Yeah, I think Bill is still closer to me (corner of Tatum and Cave Creek) than the Glendale store... plus he's a good guy and I like his store.

Funny how you get spoiled though. "Oh crap I for "X"." 10 minutes later you're back at the house with it. lol

I got one bottle at Total Wine in Gilbert. They sold out of two cases about 1 hour after they got them.

It was very good I must say. I expected it to taste like jet fuel, but I was pleasantly surprised.

I am going to age my bottle, as I thought it did taste like jet fuel when I tried it a few years ago. Although they have decreased the alcohol in it since then...

pointerdixie: I thought it actually tasted pretty mellow in terms of alcohol, which makes me think this batch was closer to the 15%ABV in their 15-20 range.

scottland- good deal! Nothing worse than getting drunk off one 12 oz. beer. lol

I am still saving mine, but if I can find another, I will probably drink one now, take notes, and then age the other one for a year or two...

Back