Anyone have examples of tidy beer line routing in keezer?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

UncleRusty

Reaction score
Hey guys, I have an 8-Tap Keezer which I built last year which just barely fits all 8 kegs in the area outside the hump. They are stacked in their like sardines pretty much, with no room on the sides of the wall to really move around at all.

Currently I have 10' beer lines and gas lines that are a few feet each lining up to the respective keg length. I was wondering if anyone had any example pictures or ideas how to better tidy up the beers lines? Currently they are kind of haphazardly going everywhere, though I'll often tuck them in between the space of the circular kegs, but they get pretty messy quickly and it can become tedious to add/remove kegs from the system without pulling several of the lines outside the keezer. I do have a pretty tall 9.5" collar so there could potentially be some room to mount lines there.

Just wanted to see what other folks have done for a relatively clean and hassle-free install. :tank:

BMG51Ky.jpg

My kegerator has two front-opening doors so it's tough to show what I have going on. I've got 7 beers on tap and room for 9 kegs inside so I can be conditioning a couple.

As for the gas lines, I had space on the back wall to put together a little gas line organizer - see photos.

But all the beer lines come down from overhead out of two towers. They are all 10' long so that's always going to be a mess. I did the best I could to wrangle them by using wire-ties to put each of them into a coil that is about the diameter of the cornies. When I connect a keg, I just stack the beer line on top (no photos but hopefully you get the drift).

Because I am just like that, I numbered each of the connectors. It's slightly less of a PITA to deal with connecting/disconnecting kegs when you know which one is coiled to length to go where :)

Hope this helps (?)

20150405_123325.jpg

20150405_110346_Flicker Ln.jpg

20150405_110216_Flicker Ln.jpg

20150405_110324_Flicker Ln.jpg

20150405_110938_Flicker Ln.jpg

Last edited:
Dude. Do you seriously have a separate regulator for each keg??? Freakin flux capacitor!

Dude. Do you seriously have a separate regulator for each keg??? Freakin flux capacitor!

When you have a bunch of different style of beers, the proper way is to set each one individually for their optimum serving pressure. Serving pressure for one beer may over carbonate another.

Don't get me wrong, you can do it with a single regulator.

Thanks for the feedback guys, just looking for some inspiration! Zip ties would definitely be a start. I'm really digging the 8-regulator setup you have there, that's epic. May have to upgrade to one down the road as that would really be nice for the wide variety of things I typically have on draft... aside from the hefty initial investment I could definitely see myself taking advantage of that.

One Upon A Time...I had a neatly dressed keezer.
new_keezer_54.jpg

Then I layered on flow meters for RaspberryPints, a set of probes for BrewPi and another set for my temperature logger...

brewpints_47.jpg

Wrt management, it's not as bad as it looks. Thankfully ;)

Cheers! :mug:

One Upon A Time...I had a neatly dressed keezer.
View attachment 346305

Then I layered on flow meters for RaspberryPints, a set of probes for BrewPi and another set for my temperature logger...

View attachment 346306

Wrt management, it's not as bad as it looks. Thankfully ;)

Cheers! :mug:

Looks good! I'm planning on doing the flow meters when I have some extra time to mess around with it so that's probably going to end up looking pretty messy. It's actually one of the main reasons I wanted to figure out line routing, so that way when I do install the meters it's not a complete disaster.

When you have a bunch of different style of beers, the proper way is to set each one individually for their optimum serving pressure. Serving pressure for one beer may over carbonate another.

Don't get me wrong, you can do it with a single regulator.

I'm not dinging the setup at all. My personal motto is if it's worth doing, it's worth overdoing. I just wonder that you don't have a nitrogen tank and a custom gas mixer setup in there too.

I'm not dinging the setup at all. My personal motto is if it's worth doing, it's worth overdoing. I just wonder that you don't have a nitrogen tank and a custom gas mixer setup in there too.

It's not my setup, but who says you have to dig it?

I have two kegs in my kegerator and I made sure to get a dual regulator for it. It's been working out great. I can have one keg that's been carbonated set to serving pressure and then set a fresh new keg, at the same time, at a higher pressure to carbonate it. Once it's done carbonating I can then drop it to serving pressure.

With that setup, he has the freedom to do what what he wants to each keg of beer individually. One feels like it's getting a bit over-carbonated? Drop the pressure to that one keg without affecting all the others. Just finished fermenting a beer and kegged it? pop it in the keezer and crank the pressure up on the CO2 to carbonate it without affecting all the other beer that doesn't need it.

I use the velcro strapping. You can buy it in a roll at any hardware store, and it's reusable! Just cut to length.

That's exactly what I do in my two keg kegerator. All hoses strapped exactly like yours sitting on top of the kegs.

I use the velcro strapping. You can buy it in a roll at any hardware store, and it's reusable! Just cut to length.

Ahh, that's a great idea! Easy to take off and remove for management unlike zip ties. I think I'll pick some of these up later and see where it takes me.

Question for you all - in these 'messy' setups - when you have to change out a keg - how do you not f up everything else in there?

Back