Anyone have a one gallon/2LB mead recipe handy ?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stonks

Reaction score
I recently picked up some smaller 1 gallon brew equipment and have 1kg of honey on hand. I have lavlin ec 1118 and d47 yeast.

Any ideas ?

I recently picked up some smaller 1 gallon brew equipment and have 1kg of honey on hand. I have lavlin ec 1118 and d47 yeast.

Any ideas ?
I just made two 1 gallon batches last night. A black cherry & a blueberry. Both made with R.W. KNUDSEN juices, (2 qts for each gallon). The blueberry has 2 lbs of wildflower honey and smells amazing. The black cherry has 1.75 lbs of wildflower honey, & also smells amazing (the black cherry juice had a higher gravity than the blueberry). Both used a packet of D47 yeast & spring water to the one gallon line. Also. Both got 1/4 tsp of potassium carbonate,
.4 tsp of Fermaid K ( up front, one time additions)....
& .4 tsp of Fermaid O, & will get the same dose of Fermaid O @ the 1/3 & 2/3 sugar break.
I hope this helps.
Happy meading 😎

Any ideas ?
What variety of honey? In my opinion, clover and wildflower are spear carriers and cannot really hold the stage on their own. They can be wonderful vehicles for other flavors. Varietals like orange blossom, raspberry, meadowfoam, tupelo etc can. With spear carriers you may want to add spices or fruit juice ( be sure that the juice has not preservatives). Varietals can hold your interest with no help and no problem.

Back