• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Wanted Anyone got something like this they want get rid of?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I love mine. I bought it at either Chef Tools or Restaurant Depot, I forget. Like $20.
That's what I use too, 24" whisk. Has worked really well for me tho I haven't ever tried a mash paddle so can't claim its superior. I suspect it is tho.

Edit: mine is made by Winco. Short handle, long whip. Easy to clean and awesome at busting dough balls.

Last edited:
"A great addition to the small brewers equipment lineup for mixing of small all grain batches, or to dissolving Malt Extract more easily."

looks 'neat'? but i don't like the use of the word small so much, and extract.....i want the 40"'r ;) :mug:

Last edited:
IMO the version with short handle and long whip is easier to keep clean, not sure how you'd get at the interior of that longer handle. Mine was sealed with epoxy which might meet NSF initially, but after some use would be a suspicious source of contamination. If you're worried about the wires being stiff enough to handle heavy duty stirring, I can assure you they are plenty strong enough for anything you could cram into a brew kettle.

As this item seems to have a fairly high stamp of approval, think I'll be getting one too. Comments like 'dough ball destroyer' are hard to ignore. My plastic mash paddle tries..but it just has too much flex and is frustrating to use when the grist is reaches oatmeal like levels.

Was going to venture out to a local chef store and see what they had...but I can sit on my butt and just order from Amazon for $6??? Dammit...

does it reach the bottom of a 10 gallon cooler?

It's got no problems reaching the bottom of a 150 qt cooler, so should be good to go :D
20220118_110646.jpg

Is it just me, or do @bracconiere 's posts always seem to start fun and interesting reads? AND usually helpful, too!
From the home roaster (old dryer) to so much else...

Wow that's like 1/4 what I paid for it back in 2017. Awesome piece of gear, nearly indestructible.
And they say there's inflation & supply chain issues!

Back