• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

anyone get cornies from nghtmre4u?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

idahoDal

Reaction score
nghtmre4u had a post here last month with cornies for sale. Said his mother in law had a bad fall so folks were cool with waiting for that to get straightened out. The original post seems to be gone (not marked deleted but gone gone) and the last contact I've had with him was 3 weeks ago on 3/18.

Not accusing him of anything, just curious if maybe my order fell off his radar or something.

I didn't purchase anything from him, but I did post in his thread and looking back in my replies, I can see the whole thread has vanished. That is strange, eh?

The thread was closed and hidden because the OP did not respond to a mods request about the volume being sold. We generally don't allow a sale of that scale by a relatively unknown person.

What the OP did tell us is that all kegs have been spoken for.

I also placed an order with him for 2 - and I am a little concerned. I sent payment 3/19.

I got this reply from him 3/31 after 2 emails to the address used with his paypal. Still haven't received anything yet. i was going to give it a few more days then maybe have a discussion with paypal.

"yes jason your kegs are shipped sorry for the hold up stuff got crazy here i feel bad for the delay"

There were a lot of replies to the post - I am curious how may sent him money and if ANYONE has gotten kegs. Shame on me for not using one of the 'regulars' (ie kegglebrewing)

fingers crosssed,
jason

Give the guy a break until on time if he did have an issue with his mom.....

If you used paypal you should be okay. Probably not setup to handle alot of orders and still trying to get them all processed.

FYI, you only have 45 days to file a claim through PayPal... after that, they will basically tell you "tough luck". Even if you file within that window, as long the seller shipped you *something*, PayPal will also tell you "tough luck". Basically, as long as the seller ships you something with a tracking number and does it within 45 days, you're not going to get any help from PayPal.

You'll have much better luck going through the CC you paid it with... hopefully you paid it with a CC and not PayPal funds. This is why it's ALWAYS better to use a CC through PayPal than PayPal funds... it's a common "scammer" technique to give sob stories about family in the hospital, themselves in the hospital, loss of job, loss of car, "too many orders", blah blah blah... until the 45 days are up, at which time you have no recourse through PP. Even if my some miracle they did find in your favor, if the seller has pulled the funds, they will tell you "tough luck".

I am heavily involved in the reptile/invertebrate keeping hobby, and we see this CONSTANTLY... if you have ANYTHING leaving a sour taste in your mouth, demand to see a tracking number immediately. If he can't produce one, he's lying to you and you should file your PP claim before he has a chance to transfer the funds out of his PP account. Filing the claim will freeze his account so he can't do that...

best of luck, hope it's an honest case of getting behind... given my experiences online, I'm going to confidently guess that it is not. :)

I second purchases through paypal using your CC. I had an issue a while back where I ordered something and was not receiving it. Over two months went by and I eventually received the goods I had ordered. I had allowed the 45 days or so with paypal to expire so I filed with my CC. That took care of it. The story I got seems like creative BS. The guy claimed his packages were getting stolen at the post office and mine was held after attempted theft as evidence for the post master to investigate the employee. Low and behold the seller was actually being honest because I received the package with the date he said he shipped it, which was in August. It seemed to bizarre to believe but it actually happened.

So anyway, if you're at all worried contact your CC. Many also have online dispute forms for you to fill out. If the seller of the kegs is legit and just taking a while the claim will be overturned and he will still get the money. However if he is not legit ( don't know either way) then your claim will be upheld and you will not be charged.

I think the question still remains... "anyone get cornies from nghtmre4u?" Him saying they are all shipped is one thing. Members here saying they received them is another.

if you have ANYTHING leaving a sour taste in your mouth, demand to see a tracking number immediately. If he can't produce one, he's lying to you and you should file your PP claim before he has a chance to transfer the funds out of his PP account. Filing the claim will freeze his account so he can't do that...

Exactly... file the paypal claim. If he's honest you can close the dispute, if not you've frozen the funds and should be able to retrieve them.

Thanks for the info guys.

If anybody has received a keg , please post and let us know.

jason

FYI and in case anyone else is still waiting for kegs - I received a refund from the seller today thru paypal. It seems there was a problem with the shipper.

jason

Yeah I went ahead and opened a PayPal dispute with him yesterday and he responded fairly quickly and refunded the money. No hard feelings to the guy, but a response to my PMs or emails probably would have helped. No harm done.

nghtmre4u was the name of my truck I never did and never will rip anyone off my thread was removed while i was in a hospital with my wife and mil getting several surgeries soon as i got a chance i responded idaho dale and jwright sorry for the hassle took care of it asap

You never did respond to any of my messages, even before that. I'm just sayin'.

I believe he's not out to rip anybody off. We just don't allow sellers without a Vendor's membership to sell a volume of anything for profit. He slipped by, and still hasn't responded to my queries about the number of kegs that were for sale. Selling a few without a vendor's membership is fine. I never did get a response to my PMs.

Back