Anyone else stuck working on Christmas eve?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mcbaumannerb

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
At least I'm working from home so it isn't all bad, but I'm having a hard time focusing on work instead of figuring out which beer to pop open when I am done for the day! :mug:

I gotta work today but only to five. I saw my mother's family yesterday and see my day's family tomorrow and my daughter's going to be with her mother today anyway so it's no big deal.

I work for Starbucks, so I'll be making coffee for a bunch of people tomorrow. And yes, we get pretty freakin busy on Christmas.

Yup, but it's mostly because SWMBO had to go in, her workplace and mine are close to my parents' place, which is where we're going later, so I'm getting some stuff done at my ofc while she's working. Not too bad.

Gotta work third shift at the hospital then drive 2hours north straight after. It will call for some home brewed porters and ciders, followed by a barrel aged barley wine from Jackie O's. it could always be worse!

Yup, I'm working on Christmas Eve...playing for Christmas Eve worship at 900pm, as I have done for well over 40 years. But the organ bench is EXACTLY where I want to be on Christmas Eve.

glenn514:mug:

At least I'm working from home so it isn't all bad, but I'm having a hard time focusing on work instead of figuring out which beer to pop open when I am done for the day! :mug:

That could be me saying this. working from home, can't focus, ready to pull a pint of either an ipa or a smoked robust porter. can't decide which :mug:

I want to thank you guys that are working today especially those in my bank. I wrote a check to homeland security early in the week and forgot to deposit the money to cover it. Mind you it is nearing the end of a 2 year deal getting my wife here and if that check bounced she would be deported.

Damn I am glad the bank was open today

I worked from 8:30AM-12:30PM yesterday. It was cool though because I got to see the wife's parents and have lunch with them in addition to seeing them later on today.

Worked yesterday and working today, but only seeing adult patients today. For the first time ever, I was able to discharge all the kids and close the child unit this year for Christmas! I'm celebrating that small victory in my little world.

I'm off call at six tomorrow and will start some of the little projects around the house. Six days off! Yay!

Worked a 0700-1930 shift at the ED on the 24th.

Freakin' busy. Most was BS, but a few were real medicine.

Had plenty of admits.

Those in the biz will catch the lingo!

Can't go into details, but very grateful for a healthy happy family on this day!

Cheers to all!

I taught Christmas eve,christmas day and now am half way through teaching a full hung over Boxing day.

Back