Anyone else see the commercial bashing home brew?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

danbrewtan

Reaction score
I saw it during one of the NFL games last night. I believe it was a buffalo wild wings commercial. Essentially, they compared going to Bdubs for the game against going over to your "crazy mad home brew scientist's" place. I believe a "bratwurst ale" was mentioned. Sounds gross, but I bet someone here could pull it off in a surprisingly delicious way. That's what home brewing is all about!

Anyway. What gives? Why does Buffalo Wild Wings have to bash home brewers? *throws yellow foul flag*

That's an old one from last year. Had a couple threads on it already. It was a little funny to me,but a lot more insulting. Like we're just a bunch of dumb,brain dead citybillies or something. I haven't been in there since they banned smoking & raised prices to compensate for the fact that US SMOKERS AREN'T THERE ANYMORE!!!

I was greatly insulted from BWW commercial. They have lost my business for sure. Not that they have any decent food anyways.

Oh well....I can take a joke. At least their mentioning homebrewers, plus they set the bar low....People trying your stuff , and realizing its good, will worship you as a minor Brewing Diety:D

You have to admit, it is hilarious when he sniffs the krausen and proclaims, "this will be ready in 2 minutes."

I saw it during one of the NFL games last night. I believe it was a buffalo wild wings commercial. Essentially, they compared going to Bdubs for the game against going over to your "crazy mad home brew scientist's" place. I believe a "bratwurst ale" was mentioned. Sounds gross, but I bet someone here could pull it off in a surprisingly delicious way. That's what home brewing is all about!

Anyway. What gives? Why does Buffalo Wild Wings have to bash home brewers? *throws yellow foul flag*

did you cry?

With some people, if you urinate on their head, but say it's a "joke", they will laugh at it.

Whatever. I don't do the wing thing, anyway. There are much better parts of the chicken.

:ban:

Yup. It's an insult like only THEY know what real pisswater is. Yours is rotten pisswater with his disseased sausage fell off in it. They're prices seem to go up every couple of months when we were going there. Haven't been in there for several years now.

I think the commercial is hilarious. If you take great offense to it, you might be taking a piece of advertising a little too seriously. I wasn't much of a fan of the restaurant the one time I've been there and haven't been back since. I base that on the food I thought was too expensive for what I got and the poor selection of craft beers they had, not on a piece of advertising.

Ahhh why so serious? We make a beverage that comes from another organism that poops alcohol and farts CO2. Besides when he whispers in that other guys ear, that's pretty funny. I an assuming some of us have seen the brew masters episode. Cmon now drinking other peoples spit, that sh*t is nasty. I will agree that their food does suck though and is over priced and they generally have a bad beer selection. But that's why I won't go. Not because of their commercial.

I think the commercial is hilarious. If you take great offense to it, you might be taking a piece of advertising a little too seriously. I wasn't much of a fan of the restaurant the one time I've been there and haven't been back since. I base that on the food I thought was too expensive for what I got and the poor selection of craft beers they had, not on a piece of advertising.

Ha was responding the same way I was at the same time. Great minds...

They make it a bit light hearted so you'll laugh rather than be mearly insulted. You're doing what they wanted you to do. Laugh at diy'rs & spend your money with them.

It was a joke. Relax, Francis. When the guy said, "this one should be ready in about five minutes" I knew that the Buffalo Wild Wings commercial writers either weren't being serious at all or they didn't know anything about homebrewing.

I know I can make beer that's better than anything they serve at Buffalo Wild Wings, so I'm not offended.

It looks more like the guy is fermenting star-san (don't fear the foam) than beer....

That being said, you put brats in beer before grilling, why not while brewing?

I also would be willing to bet that for a small minority of homebrewers (they may not even know about this site) its spot on.

There are people like that in every aspect of DIY.

From where I sit, if it means I get to enjoy more of my beer, then its all good. :)

Back