Anyone else having quality issues with morebeer?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Steveruch

Reaction score
I recently placed an order with morebeer. It arrived on schedule, but the jar of honey was on it's side and the lid was on askew and a bunch of honey leaked out. They also sent me a package of light dme instead of the Munich I ordered, they shipped me a replacement for the honey, which arrived intact, but sent another package of light dme instead of munich again.
I e-mailed them about the dme being wrong again and have not heard back. I figured out that the light dme was wrongly labeled with the number that should be for the Munich dme.

From my experience, they always rectified any mistakes or any issues with items they sell. If needed, I would ask them to expedite the correct item ordered.

Anyone else having quality issues with morebeer?

Yes, my two most recent orders involved calls to customer service for torn / broken / wrong items. Both times, they were able to make the order "right" on the re-shipment.

It's disappointing to hear that they didn't get your order right on the reshipment. I like morebeer because they carry all the Briess DME products. If I come across a second source for Briess Munich DME, I'll add it here.

I've placed 10 orders this year so far.
The only issue I had was a missing o-ring on a fermonster, which may not have even been their fault. They sent me a new one.
Call them, don't email.

Mistakes do happen and I've also received defective merchandise. 1 quick call to MoreBeer resolves the problem. No hassle, no argument. Other plus side: their day to day prices are competitive, the freshness of the product has always been very good and the items arrive quickly. I honestly can't write the same about a lot of other online homebrew suppliers.

MoreBeer is my "go to" store. I've learned, why waste time and be disappointed? Order from MoreBeer.

I have 0 issue with MoreBeer I have used the 4 or 5 times this year alone no issue the only company I ever had problems with was Northern Brewer and they were always excellent about resolving it 1 time they even sent me a beer when I never even ordered from them I came home to a box with someone else's name on it 1 day FREE BEER, however it was their Bacon beer recipe and it was the worst beer I ever made in my life by a very long shot

I love MoorBeer, best prices I can find so far on bulk grain. Haven't had any issues with items.

Don't remember having any problems. been using them since 2003. it was better when they were my semi-LHBS though! now it costs dang near 30 bucks to ship a bag of grain to me!

edit: since i started malting my own. i haven't ordered much from them the last couple years, and i miss them!

Last edited:
If I am putting in a bigger order and have at least a week until it's needed, I'll take advantage of MoreBeer's free shipping.

If I just need 1 or 2 things, or need it by tomorrow, I'll order from Williams.

I don't think I have ever had to call customer service at either, which is a big plus for me.

now it costs dang near 30 bucks to ship a bag of grain to me!

If you order 5 10lb bags instead of 1 50lb bag, you qualify for the free shipping. The difference usually runs $16-$20 so that might be cheaper for you, and you get the bonus of smaller bags which stay fresher and are easier to handle.

If you order 5 10lb bags instead of 1 50lb bag, you qualify for the free shipping. The difference usually runs $16-$20 so that might be cheaper for you, and you get the bonus of smaller bags which stay fresher and are easier to handle.

i brew 10 gals a week, so freshness wouldn't be an issue. But now i just run down the street to the feed store and get a 50lb bag of barley for 12.99. makes me 20 gals of beer...And i've kinda gotten to prefer my homemalt to store bought!

I wish MoreBeer carried some sorta automatic deculmer though! lifting and dumping 20 lb's of malt back and forth 20 times is a pain!

Just curious what does one do with 10 gallons a week? I do 15-20 a month for personal consumption your double that, is it all for you?

yes, i drink about a gallon a day. like the monk's of old with a 5 liter daily allowance!

Shhh! That's not legal.

They haven't put a meter on my picnic taps yet!

Bought several recipe kits the other week when they had a sale.I am brewing the first today and noticed 2 of the sealed hop bags have been re labeled.The covered lable shows a different hop than the outer label on 2 of the hops in the kit.Has anyone else found this? I have emailed customer support and havent received a response yet.Seems kinda shady to relable a hop that isnt even shown as a substitute on any chart i can find. I expect better or more transparency.

I two kegmenters ..great service both times ...will be ordering again..thank you more beer

I started using MoreBeer 10 years ago. Recently there have been some mixups with items missing or the wrong grain being sent, but they are very quick to fix the issue. The majority of orders that I've placed shipped out quickly (faster then alot of the other companies that I purchased equipment and ingredients from), and I live in the midwest no where near their California or Pennsylvania operations. Because of their customer service I will continue to use them since the LHBS's are no where around here.

Latest posts

Back