Anyone buy from this guy?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've never used the guy, but I have trouble believing his spiel that the costs are going to go higher than that "soon".

I'd recommend searching your city for a pepsi/coke distributor, or even a beverage service company that services CO2 and fire extinguishers. A buddy told me about one in my city and they sell cornys for 2 for 25 bucks. That is freaking awesome because then I can pick out the kegs myself AND not worry about paying shipping too. I plan on picking up 2 every paycheck until I have a nice stash of around 15 or so.

Dang, Chairman. I forgot we know the former owner of the Coke bottling plant in GP. They've relocated down here and see my parental units pretty frequently, so I'll ask to see if there's a good (which is to say cheap) way to get cornies up there.

there is a guy selling corny kegs by the pairs. Each pair is going around $25-$30, he puts a few pairs up at a time. I got two from him and they were in great shape, one was a little dirty the other was not. I think I got them for $25 + $15 shipping to california.

Single kegs at my LHBS go for about $45

Here are his current listings (no I am not affiliated in any way)
http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQsassZdewdudemikeQQhtZ-1

I have also purchased kegs on ebay from dewdudemike and have been very pleased with them.

Dewdudemike is in my area. He is very reputable and an all around good egg. I will vouch for him personal like. I have bought 5 kegs from him thus far and am planning on another 30.:rockin:

cgcaudle said:
This is where I got mine...since I live in the middle of nowhere Colorado. Mine look great and came with a little bit of pressure in them and have a zip tie seal to them after he pressure tested 'em. I think I paid $45 total for two.

http://www.homebrewing.org/5-Gallon-Cornelious-Keg-Ball-Lock_p_0-70.html

That's where I've bought all mine thus far, and they've been very hit and miss. Some were clean, some far from it. Some held pressure, some didn't. Overall not a bad deal, though.

I've never seen one with a ziptie on them, so I wonder if that's something they started doing recently?

I just bought 2 cornies from dew dude mike and i am very pleased..they were still holding pressure and in pretty good shape...i would recommend him..i live in dayton ohio and we have a pepsi plant about 10 miles from my house so i can get them now without paying shipping..woo hoo...i'm gonna stock up on them so i can sit on my azz and drink this winter....i'm throwing a party this weekend ..wish i could invite you all...gonna roast a pig and have a huge fire...and pitch some horse shoes...got a imported pilsner and a scottish heavy ale clearing right now...the pilsner is for those women who drink that damn budwieser...only store beer i'll drink is ROLLING ROCK..it's got some gravel in it!

I've never used the guy, but I have trouble believing his spiel that the costs are going to go higher than that "soon".
The major soda companies have pretty much switched to boxes of syrup.. Cornys are not being manufactured as much as before and probably will cease production soon if they havent already, so he has a point Dude.

His shipping is huge makes the kegs $31 each My LHBS sells them for $25

Edit: found this guy on ebay he has good deals on kegs: http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQsassZsuperlarryQQhtZ-1 4 for $50

I forgot who I bought through, and I'll look it up if anyone wants me too. But, I paid $108.50 for 6 kegs shipped with full o-ring kits and blow off valves for each one. That was the best price I could find at the time. That's only $18.03 each. Considering my LHBS sells for $35 each, I thought this was a steal.

i would definitely be interested in knowing where you got such a deal from. thanks!

Back