Anyone brew way more than you can drink?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm brewing a lot lately just to keep a rolling stock that has proper time to age.

I have 10 gal in the fridge right now (one's tapped) and 15 gallons just freshly kegged and 5 in primary.

I can slow it down now and I'll only brew as my capacity can handle - 5 cornys and flip-top bottles enough for a batch.

I'm probably going to get 3 more cornys and another load of bottles though. Some stuff I'd like to have sitting in the keg for a couple months before tapping.

I might brew four or five weekends in a row then have a month where other things keep me from brewing. It all works out. I have a few friends who always seem willing to help keep my stock from aging too much. Or once in a while have the ball team over after games; easy to demolish two or three dozen that way.

Next time I roll through Petaluma, I'll make sure to steal a full keg or two from you. That should help. :D

I have a young kid, too, but honestly, it's not hard to find other dads (and quite a few moms) interested in drinking my beer. They never get out of the house either, so any opportunity to drink is a good one. Just bring a sixer to the next kid's birthday party. Won't take long before you get asked to bring beer to every other kid's party, too.

Back