Any trick to capping EZ-CAP bottles?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bradneal

Reaction score
I am on about my 4th round of brew with these new (new to me) EZ-CAP bottles - and up to this point, they have been great. But with this batch, about 1 out of 3 bottles are flat. The beer has been in the bottle for a couple of months, so they should be ready. And most of them are fine when opened - just a few are flat.

I though those rubber seals would last more than a few of batches before needing replaced. Not that it's a big deal - the seals are only a couple of bucks - but I'm disappointed that I am having to dump my precious nectar.

How do you clean and sanitize the seals? Maybe you are doing something that is making them age faster. Try flipping them over and see if they seal better. I don't use mine much anymore but they still seal after two years.

Thanks, Samc. I'll try flipping them over.

I won't be doing much bottling from here on out either. I have my kegerator up and running now, so only if I do big-ass tripel or something will I bottle again.

Back